Ayurvedic treatment for insomnia
At Ideal Ayurvedic Resort, each individual is analyzed constitutionally followed by proper ayurvedic disease diagnosis and then therapies are started for the same. We provide Ayurvedic Treatment for Insomnia that is unique to each individual and their body type (dosha), identifying the underlying factors in the ailment.
Chronic sleeplessness or insomnia is the disruptive sleeping routine of an individual giving rise to other health problems and this is very common these days. Apart from just stress, there are many medical conditions that lead to insomnia and need proper treatment.
One of the reasons that insomnia is on the rise is the high-stress levels and time pressures associated with modern living. Lack of sleep, in turn, creates more stress on the job and at home. Restful sleep is one of the three pillars of ayurvedic healing, the other two being diet and lifestyle.
In Ayurveda, Insomnia is known as Anidra. According to the Ayurvedic perspective, the sub doshas responsible for insomnia are Tarpak Kapha, Sadhak Pitta or Prana Vata.
The imbalance in Tarpak Kapha causes poor nourishment of brain cells, leading to insomnia.
The imbalance in Sadhak Pitta makes a person demanding and workaholic, thereby leading to situations that may cause lack of sleep.
The imbalance in Prana Vata leads Insomnia.
In each patient, different composition of doshas can lead to the disease. The Ayurvedic treatment of insomnia focuses on balancing the aggravated body energies through herbal medicines as well as customized diet and lifestyle plans.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Insomnia includes:
All chronic disease requires purification, and panchakarma procedures are an effective way to achieve detoxification. Keeping Vata, Pitta vitiation in mind, Snehana or Oleation with medicated ghee or oil prior to purification procedures are advised.
- Nasya: Nasya therapy refers to the installation of herbal oils, juices or powders through the nasal route. It relieves the blockage of channels in the nostrils and the diseases are cured effectively.
- Shirovasti: Shirovasti is a conducting treatment of the head using herbal oils such that the oil remains in contact with the scalp for a fixed duration of time.
- Shirodhara: Shirodhara includes pouring of warm medicated herbal oil on the forehead in the continous stream. It is very effective in promoting sound and sleep and reducing stress.
- Abhyanga: Abhyanga is a relaxing and refreshing full body massage with medicated herbal oils to take care of physical, mental, emotional well being of the individual while balancing the doshas.
- Pada Abhyanga: Ayurvedic foot massage which is soothing, revitalizing, calming and balancing various disturbances of the autonomic nervous system.